As we begin our second semester I would just like to reiterate a few praises for some staff in our district. Our students are given an education second to none due to the hard work, collaboration, dedication, and continued optimism of all of our staff. Below are a few overdue thank you:
- January is Board of Education month and we are so proud to have such an experienced, dedicated, and professional Board. Their job is a volunteer position and they face a number of tough decisions, but continue to remain focused on what is best for students.
- Our teaching staff is tremendous! The countless hours of service both in and outside of the classroom are the foundation upon which our students succeed. We could not ask for better.
- Our administrative team strives to remove all obstacles for our students to find their own success in learning and living. They have dedicated themselves to ensure that the schools are safe and welcoming for all students.
- Our administrative assistants, librarians, parapros, and volunteers are the worker bees that help to make the hive productive. The work of the district would come to a screeching halt if not for the tremendous actions of these employees. While never in the front for recognition, I can guarantee any success we have is through their efforts.
- Our custodial/maintenance team is simply put OUTSTANDING. They are the most positive and productive team that I have ever had the pleasure of working with in 20 years. Our buildings and grounds are treated as if it were their own house. Thank you so much.
- Our bus driving team is nothing short of miracle workers. Organizing the transportation over 1000 students twice a day is quite a task and these drivers rise to the occasion every time. Our district is truly fortunate for such a great team.
- To our parents, volunteers, GAA, and countless other positive influences in our district I bid you a grand THANK YOU. It is your hard work and selfless dedication that makes the truly extraordinary come true for our students time and time again.
Many superintendents will claim to have the best district, staff, or students. Each could make their case, but none of them have you. None of them have the outstanding staff, supportive community, and intelligent students that we are so fortunate to have in our midst. I have always believed that if you truly love what you do, then you never work a day in your life. Well, everyday is not sunshine and roses, but Paul Hardy surely tries to make it appear that way! I would just like to conclude with a tremendous thank you. I am humbled and honored to be the leader of such a tremendous place as Essexville-Hampton Public Schools. I truly am the luckiest out of all of us.
Proud to be a DUKE!!!!
Matthew T. Cortez
As always if you have any concerns, questions, or comments please feel free to contact me.
Office 989-894-9700 email: firstname.lastname@example.org